For years, fresh and daring gowns with jaw dropping slits have taken center stage at the Cannes. The South of France witnesses a galaxy of stars each year who come together to raise a toast to artistic excellence and achievement. The Cannes Festival offers countless opportunities to shine, thanks to 11 days worth of screenings, premiers, and photo calls where fashion hits the spotlight. We count down our picks of the best dressed celebrities at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival where the most stunning women took to the red carpet in the most lavish gowns that the fiesta has seen. We have also added a slice of inspiration for you girls who want to wear similar dresses and how you can find that perfect bra to keep you feeling lifted and in place. Here are the best looks…
- Supermodel Bella Hadid looked ethereal in a beautiful Dior haute couture tiered tulle white gown with a delicate halter neck strap and a asymmetrical neckline. She used Bulgari diamond earrings and had her caramel tresses swept in a side parted knot…classy minimalism, we say.Solution: Convertible Bra – These straps attach to a normal bra and wrap around the front of your torso to make the back dip lower. This bra is perfect for a halter dress with extra thin straps and backless dress.
- Barbie pink and frills are in! Kendall Jenner wore a Barbie pink tiered high low gown from Giamattista Valli x H&M collection. There was a lot of tulle and a lot of leg. The hot pink tulle dress with a mini skirt at the front was designed as a strapless mullet dress with a cinching bow belt at the waist and had a flowing train as well.Solution: Stick On Bras – The convertible straps give you the lift while the front closure helps you bring the breast together. Stick on bras does not show through any dress design.
- Eva Longoria wows in a custom Alberta Ferretti limited edition blush satin gown with sequin embroidered and draped bustier. With a thigh-high split in her gown, the Desperate Housewives actress stunned on the red carpet. Strapless on one side, the dress gathered in pleats across her left shoulder while the lovely silk fabric flowed to the ground. A metallic panel across opposite sides of the chest and waist of the gown enhanced her style statement as she kept her brunette mane flowing back.
Solution: Adhesive Tape – It’s perfect for challenging dresses that are asymmetric, like this one.
- Donning a dual-toned bodice, former Miss World Priyanka Chopra Jonas slayed it at her debut at the festival. A custom creation by Roberto Cavalli, inspired by a starry night the red embellished ensemble was bold and classy, just like the lady herself. Statement earrings and tresses in a side swept wave completed her gorgeous look.Solution: Bandeau Bras – Show off your shoulders in a strapless dress without spending the evening yanking at your straps. This bra is a thick stretchy fabric with a thick band on top and bottom for better hold. It’s similar to a strapless bra but does not have any hooks for closure. Most of bandeau bras come with pockets to insert pads for no nipple show and is easy to slip into.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is no stranger to the Cannes film festival. You may rarely see her on the red carpet but the Cannes is one event she wouldn’t miss. She looked every bit the stunner that she is this year too in a gorgeous white dress that had an extensive faux-fur white detailing. It was connected to a large puffy train and coupled with the star’s elegance and grace, who did complete justice to the impeccable structure of the attire, it translated into a major fashion moment. This year she became the first Indian actress to be a Cannes Film Festival jury member.Solution: Bodysuits – Bodysuits prevent cups from sliding down under any ensemble and offer support that strapless bras can only aspire to. Bodysuits are specially viable for women with larger breasts and provide additional support under any garment.
- Victoria’s Secret model Sara Sampaio, stunned all in a strapless peach tulle gown. A beautiful gold and black choker adorned her neck with matching studs in her ears. Her glossy brunette mane was left loose in waves falling down her back.Solution: Strapless Plunge Bras – These bras are perfect for necklines that extend really low and have a deep V or are sleeveless. Another solution is Nipple Petals. These breast petals will make you feel covered and prevent nip-slips and are also sweat resista
- Deepika Padukone elevated the fashion quotient by mixing things up! She wore a lime green neon gown by Giambattista Valli paired with a pink turban. Her quirky ensemble was absolutely lovable and the stunning actress paired her equally stunning outfit with nude lips and dewy make-up further upping the fashion ante. We only hoped Ranveer Singh too would have made his debut as he is known to be the king of being extra in everything! We are sure you agree that his everyday bizarre unconventional sense of fashion would be perfect for Cannes!Solution: Demi Cup Lace Bra – A retro-glam look is so exotic with a scoop neckline and all-over lace. This bra is also referred to as a half bra that covers from half to three quarters of the breast and creates cleavage and uplift.
- Popular TV actor Hina Khan recently made her debut at her first ever Cannes film festival this year. Being an outsider, amongst many renowned stars she managed to find a place in the hearts of her fans. A metallic strapless gown with a long train while diamond studs and lose tresses completed the actresses’s killer look.Solution: Plunge Bra – A flattering fit and natural lift is thanks to the deep V-cut that also prevents the top of the cups from making any unwanted appearance. Hence, this bra style is the best to don beneath any outfit.